This is a series of posts that’s not specifically about the kids, per se, but definitely involves them from a cause and effect perspective in a lot of ways.
I’ve noticed for a while now that I’ve adopted several behaviors that fall into the following two categories:
- Things my parents did when I was growing up
- Things I didn’t understand why my parents, or any adult, would ever do until recently
|How I look to younger people. But, you know, with less hair.|
So, over the next three days, I'll pick a specific behavior each day and dig in to how I used to act, how I act now and what I think got me there. Here are the three I'll be looking at:
- Music (alternate title - "Kids today listen to crap!…and so do I…") - wherein you'll find that I actually kind of like a couple Katy Perry songs and have redefined "cutting edge" as being the first one to hear an Adele song on Star 94.
- Food (alternate title - "This broccoli tastes great! Wait, where did my life go wrong?") - wherein you'll discover that even with my weakening taste buds and lower food standards, I still hold asparagus to be the most horrible thing to eat on earth.
- Clothes/Movies/Culture (alternate title - "Of course I can wear these jean shorts, they still fit. What? They're not cool anymore? Oh, they were NEVER cool? Huh.") - wherein you will discover the last time I bought clothes for anyone over three feet tall was years ago and I'm still convinced my cargo pants have some life left in them.
This will probably be a constantly changing list and I’m sure I’ll revisit it again in the future to update with more odd behaviors explained. Make sure to check back every day this week to read all the posts. I'll wrap it up on Friday once we're on the other side of this and see if I'm any better for it. Or just more depressed. I suppose I won't know till we get there. See ya tomorrow!