Things that have happened recently:
- Patrick turned 18 months old (WHAT!?)
- We are really finally done painting Madelyn's room. I'll have pictures/video up soon, after we get the curtains up.
- Patrick is now well versed in the contents of our attic. He and I sat on the top step of the attic stairs for about 20 minutes the other day after putting Christmas decorations away, as he asked about everything he saw and repeated it back to me until he knew he had it memorized. There's something funny about hearing an 18 month old talk about insulation and pipes.
- We introduced Patrick to the music of the Gipsy Kings. He now walks around the house singing "Baila Baila Baila!" Which makes his top five favorite songs right now:
- Baby Beluga - Raffi
- Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone - Bill Withers
- Wheels On the Bus - Any version
- Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel - Traditional Hanukkah song
- Baila Me - Gipsy Kings
- Madelyn's upcoming arrival is starting to feel very real. I don't know if it's getting through the holidays, having her room more put together or just seeing that we're less than six weeks away, but the abstract thought of "Madelyn" is more and more becoming the feeling of our daughter, Madelyn. We constantly talk about "I wonder if she'll do 'X'" or "I can't wait to see if she likes 'Y'." It's very exciting.
In other news, several of our family members have started blogs recently. Here are the links:
Bean Blog - Patrick's Aunt Katie blogs about Carson's life, in list format
Our Family - Patrick's Aunt Mandie blogs about their soon-to-be son, Creighton
Grandmothering - Grandma Flowers blogs about exactly what the title tells you: Grandmothering
The other great thing about these new blogs is that I can steal content from them if I'm feeling lazy. Like right now. Here's a video of Patrick and Carson I'm taking from Katie's blog (thanks Beans!). Patrick is still getting used to the idea of Angie or I holding another baby. Also, he's started just calling Carson "Tiny" instead of "Tiny Baby Carson." It's actually pretty cute. He also really doesn't want Carson to have a pacifier for some reason. But does really want to hug and kiss her.
....40 days!!! So exciting!
He sooo does not want Carson to have that paci! Hillarious!
Post a Comment